Following three draws in a row, Machester City are desperate to get back on the winning track with the match against Aston Villa. The Villa also have made a great start in the league, standing just one point behind Manchester City. On Wednesday night, Aston Villa will host Manchester City at Villa Park, aiming to overtake the Citizens in the point table.
Stats & Facts
- Manchester City had a good start in the English Premier League, but three draws in a row left them in 3rd place in the point table with three points behind the table topper.
- Man City’s defense has been a matter of concern for Pep Guardiola as they conceded eight goals in their last three matches in the Premier League. On the other hand, Aston Villa have conceded four goals in their previous three league games.
- Aston Villa’s records against Manchester City are below average. They are winless in their last 13 matches against the Citizens in the English Premier League. The last time Aston Villa defeated Man City was in 2013 when Aston Villa won by a 2-1 margin at Villa Park.
- Aston Villa kept only one of their last 18 league meetings against the Citizens, while they conceded 48 goals in total during this period.
- Playing on Wednesday has been a curse for Aston Villa as they won only one of their last 12 league games played on Wednesday. Besides, Man City have won 25 of their last 26 games on Wednesday.
Aston Villa manager Unai Emery has to deal with several injury issues in his team. Bertrand Traore is unavailable for his muscle injury, while Emiliano Buendia and Tyrone Mings are out of the squad for their knee injury. However, Boubacar Kamara is eligible to play following his one-match domestic suspension and could replace Youri Tielemans in the first XI.
Manchester City will miss two of their key players, Rodri and Jack Grealish, due to the suspension. Matheus Nunes has missed Man City’s last three matches and is likely to miss the clash against Aston Villa. Meanwhile, Kevin De Bruyne is still out of the squad for a hamstring injury.
Possible Lineup for Aston Villa:
Martinez; Konsa, Carlos, Torres, Digne; Bailey, Kamara, Luiz, McGinn; Diaby, Watkins
Possible Lineup for Man City:
Ederson; Walker, Dias, Ake; Akanji, Kovacic; Foden, Alvarez, Bernardo, Doku; Haaland
Prediction: Aston Villa 1-2 Man City
Manchester City and Aston Villa are the two clubs that have scored the highest goals in the Premier League this season. Therefore, we expect a high-voltage game between the two teams. Although Man City tied their last three games, they did well in those clashes.
It is a home game for Aston Villa, but we expect Man City to win this match. Erling Haaland, Julian Alvarez, and Phil Foden are aggressive enough to destroy the Villa tomorrow.
Aston Villa: 4.52
Man City: 1.73
Visit BFB247 to get real-time Betfair Odds