The Russian Premier League is the top division of the professional football league in Russia. The league has 16 teams, and we have standings for all of them. Specifically, we have the Russian Premier League table that shows all the teams’ performance and rankings. So, if you are a bettor, we recommend you check it before placing your bet. Here in this article, we will tell you all you need to know about this league.
History of the Russian Premier League
The Russian Premier League dates back to 1992. From 1992 to 2001, the league was known as the Russian Football Championship. In 2002, the Russian Football League was established and rebranded to its current name in 2018. Since its inception, Zenit Saint Petersburg has won the Russian Premier League title 7 times. On the other hand, CSKA Moscow has won 6 times, Lokomotiv Moscow 3 times, Rubian Kazan 2 times, and Spartak Moscow 1 time.
Teams in the Russian Premier League Table
The Russian Premier League has 16 teams. We have the rankings of all these teams in our table. Again, these teams play each other twice – once home and once away for a total of 30 matches. The team that wins the match, either home or away, gets 3 points. Also, teams that end with a draw get 1 point. Then, the champions in this league qualify for the UEFA Championship League. Still, the second-placed team qualifies for the third qualifying round of the Champions League. Teams that are placed third and fourth qualify for the UEFA Europa Conference League. On the other hand, the last two teams a relegated to the National Football League. Some of the top teams that you will find on our table include Zenit Saint Petersburg, Lokomotiv Moscow, CSKA Moscow, Rubin, Fc Rostov, etc.
When does the Season Start?
The Russian Premier League starts from August to May of every year. Additionally, most of the matches are played on Saturday and Sunday of every week. You will also find a few matches being played during weekdays. So, if you don’t want to miss the matches, be sure to mark these dates.
The Russian Premier League Standings
Our job is to provide you with all the standings of the teams in the Russian Premier League. We update this information immediately after every match. To this end, you will get the most current rankings. We use the following criteria to rank the teams:
- Points (PTS). This refers to all the points that the team has earned during the season. The leading team always has the most points.
- Won matches (W). In order to rank the teams, we first check the number of won matches. To be at the top, the team must have won the most matches.
- Lost matches (L). Our Russian Premier League table will show you all the matches that a team has lost.
- Goals for (G+). Again, we consider all the goals scored when ranking the teams. The team with the most goals is among the best.
- Draw (D). In our Russian Premier League table, you will get all the matches that have ended with a draw.
- Goals against (G-). If you want to know the rankings of teams based on the number of conceded goals, you can check our table.
- Goals difference (GD). This is the tiebreaker used to rank teams with equal points. To get the goal difference, you need to take the Goals scored and less the goals conceded.
The Russian Premier League is one of the best leagues that you will always enjoy following. If this is your league, we have done a good job for you. Precisely, we have ranked the teams based on their performance. Your job now is to check the best-performing team and bet on it.