- What is an Online Sportsbook?
- History of Online Sportsbooks
- How to Play at Online Sportsbooks
- Sports Available at Online Sportsbooks
- How we Rate the Best Sportsbooks
- Final Thoughts
Sports betting is indeed one of the most popular gaming activities in the online gambling industry. Nowadays, you can join an online sportsbook, bet on sports, and win real money without leaving the comfort of your home. However, you must join the best online sportsbook if you want to enjoy an unmatched gaming experience. Here on this page, we have compiled a list of all the best online sportsbooks in the USA, UK, Canada, Australia, etc. Our recommended sportsbooks provide you with hefty bonuses, a variety of sports, and safe payment options.
Our preferred bookmaker and exchange for arbitrage betting and matched betting
Betfair odds & Betfair liquidity
* New customers only. 100% match bonus based on first deposit of $/€10+
$1,000,000 per month
simply by playing Pragmatic's extensive list of games!
* Over $500,000 every month can be won!
Before you hit on the “Play” button, read this guide to the end and discover more about the best sports betting sites.
What is an Online Sportsbook?
An online sportsbook is a gaming site where gamblers can bet on a variety of sports such as Football, Boxing, Tennis, Cricket, Basketball, Baseball, Hockey, Handball, etc. Since a sportsbook is an online site, you need to create a gambling account, deposit money, and then bet on your favorite sports while in the comfort of your home. In other words, you don’t need to visit a land-based bookmaker in order to place bets.
Betting Types Available At Sportsbooks
Online sportsbooks have several ways to bet on sports. Again, the types of betting available may vary from one operator to another. But there are popular betting options you’ll find at most sports betting sites. Here they are:
1. Futures: A futures bet is just as the name suggests. In other words, you simply bet on the team or player you feel will win a contest that will take place in the future. For instance, you could place your wager on a specific team to win the EPL before the season kicks off;
2. Moneyline: A moneyline is also known as a straight bet and is the easiest wager to place. In this case, you bet on the team or player you feel will win a match;
3. Point spread: A point spread is almost like a straight bet. The difference is you state the points by which a team or player will win a competition. For instance, you could bet on a football team to win a match by +2.5. Since there is no half a goal in football, the team must win by at least 3 goals for your bet to go through;
4. Prop bets: A prop bet doesn’t require you to do a lot of analysis, and it may not necessarily affect the results of a contest. A perfect example is betting on the first team to score or how many yellow cards there shall be in a football match;
5. Parlays: This is an intriguing type of bet. In a parlay, you can combine different types of bets in one bet. For instance, you can add a point spread and a prop bet on the same parlay;
6. Over/under: This is also known as a „totals bet“, and it combines the scores of both teams playing a match. For example, you could wager on a football match between Germany and Brazil to end in a total score of over 1.5 or under 1.5;
7. In-play: In-play or „live betting“ involves betting on a sporting event that is already in progress.
History of Online Sportsbooks
Historians find it difficult to determine when sports betting began. However, they believe that sports betting has been around for centuries. According to historians, betting was common in Ancient Rome, where gamblers placed bets only in the city of Rome.
Still, historians believe that modern betting came from horse racing. In the 18th century, betting on horse racing became more popular in the UK. Later on, in the 19th century, other new world countries such as Canada, US, and New Zealand followed suit and established laws governing sports betting. In the 1990s, online sportsbooks emerged, allowing gamblers to bet on sports while still in the comfort of their homes. Since then, hundreds of bookies have gone live, thus giving players a chance to bet on real money sports via desktops and mobile phones.
How to Play at Online Sportsbooks
Betting on sports at an online sportsbook is pretty simple. If you are a newcomer, you can dive right into the sports action by following the below steps:
- Find an online sportsbook – The first step of your sports betting journey is to select an online sportsbook from our list. We have reviewed all of our bookies, and we can assure you they are the best in the industry.
- Create a gaming account – After choosing an online sportsbook from our list, you need to create a gaming account. And remember, you must create a real gaming account if you want to play for real money.
- Make a deposit – Once you create a real gaming account, you need to make your first deposit. To make a deposit, you simply need to go to the cashier, select a deposit method, and then enter the amount.
- Claim your welcome offer – Most of our online sportsbooks have delicious welcome bonuses for you. You, therefore, need to claim the available welcome bonuses before you place a bet.
- Select the sports to bet on – Finally, you need to select the sports to bet on. For instance, you can choose to bet on Baseball, Football, Basketball, Tennis, Boxing, Handball, etc.
Sports Available at Online Sportsbooks
Online sportsbooks, like the ones we have listed on this page, don’t disappoint when it comes to sports selections.
When you join our sportsbooks, you will have a chance to bet on all popular sports you can think of. Besides that, you will get a chance to bet on a variety of leagues across the world. Some of the popular sports available at our recommended bookies include:
- Horse Racing
Things to Consider Before Joining an Online Sportsbook
As a bettor, you will always come across hundreds of online sportsbooks. Some of these bookies are good, while others will not meet your expectations. To this end, you need to consider some aspects before clicking on the “Sign-up” button. The aspects you need to consider include:
- Bonuses and promotions – An online sportsbook that offers you delicious bonuses and promotions deserves your business. You should always check if the bookie has offers like welcome bonuses, free bets, cashback bonuses, and reload bonuses.
- Sports variety – Before you register with an online sportsbook, you should always check if there is an extensive selection of sports. For instance, you need to check if you can bet on popular sports like Baseball, Horse Racing, Football, Basketball, Cricket, etc.
- License – Another aspect you should consider is licensing. Specifically, you need to consider whether the bookie is licensed by well-known authorities like MGA, UKGC, and Curacao.
- Mobile compatibility – An online bookmaker that is compatible with mobile gadgets such as Android and iOS deserves your time.
- Banking – You should also consider if the bookie supports a wide variety of banking methods.
- Customer service – Finally, you should always check if the bookie provides customers with exceptional customer service. In particular, you should check the available support options and whether the agents are experienced or not.
Are Online Sportsbooks Safe and Secure?
Online sportsbooks that we recommend to you are the safest and most secure gaming sites you will ever come across. Specifically, our sports betting sites boast advanced SSL encryption protocols. With this technology, you can make deposits without worrying about losing money to fraudsters. In addition to that, our online bookies are licensed and regulated by recognized authorities such as MGA, Curacao, and UKGC.
How we Rate the Best Sportsbooks
The online gambling industry is flooded with online sportsbooks that allow you to bet on sports. Some of these sports betting sites, however, will not hold the end of their deals. For instance, some will wait for you to make a deposit and then disappear with your money. For that reason, we review hundreds of sports betting sites and recommend the best to you. Specifically, we rate our sports betting sites based on bonuses and promotions, licensing, sports variety, and customer service. We also rate our sites based on user experience, mobile compatibility, and security. Keep reading this article and discover how we rate the best online sportsbooks.
Bonuses and Promotions
Before we recommend a sports betting site to you, we check the available bonuses and promotions for both new and existing players. To be specific, we check if the casino will give you a welcome bonus after creating a gaming account. In addition to that, we check if the sportsbook has regular promotions such as free bets, reload bonuses, cashback bonuses, and tournaments. With all these incentives, you can expect to bet on a variety of sports without using your real money. If you are up to these bonuses, just pick an online sportsbook from our list and create a gaming account.
Licensing and Regulations
We also rate our online sportsbooks based on the licensing and regulations. Specifically, we check if the sportsbook is licensed and regulated by recognized authorities.
For example, we check if the sportsbook holds licenses granted by authorities such as the Malta Gaming Authority, UK Gambling Commission, Curacao eGaming Commission, etc. An online bookie that holds a recognized license means that the gambling atmosphere is safe. Moreover, it means that your winnings will be paid right away.
Another important aspect that we consider when rating the best sportsbooks is sports variety. In particular, we check if an online sportsbook has an extensive selection of sports. We, for instance, check the available popular sports such as Tennis, Baseball, Cricket, Football, Volleyball, Basketball, Boxing, Darts, Horse Racing, Cycling, etc. Additionally, we check whether the sportsbook covers a variety of popular leagues. When you join our sportsbooks, you can rest assured of betting on popular leagues like the English Premier League, La Liga, Serie A, Bundesliga, and many more.
Here at SureBets.bet, we only recommend online sportsbooks that are compatible with mobile devices. Precisely, the sports betting sites we recommend to you work perfectly on mobile devices such as Android, iOS, and Windows. Furthermore, some betting sites have downloadable mobile apps for iOS and Android.
You can, therefore, install these apps and wager on your favorite sports while on the go. On the other hand, online bookies that don’t have downloadable apps allow you to bet on sports via in-browser apps. Some of the supported in-browser apps include Opera, Chrome, Firefox, and Safari.
Safety and Security
We only recommend online sportsbooks that are 100% safe and secure. And to make sure you join safe and secure sites, we check the security measures employed by bookmakers. For example, we check whether the site employs security protocols such as 256-bit SSL and 128-bit SSL. Well, these protocols are utilized by most financial institutions across the world. With these SSL protocols, hackers and unauthorized people cannot access your personal data and financial transactions. That said, you can join our sports betting sites and bet on sports with confidence.
Deposit and Withdrawal Options
When rating the best sports betting sites, we check the available deposit and withdrawal options. To be precise, we check if the sportsbook provides you with multiple deposit and withdrawal options. For instance, we check the availability of popular banking systems such as bank transfer, credit cards, electronic wallets, debit cards, and cryptocurrencies. Besides that, we check whether the supported banking options are safe, secure, fast, and reliable. Well, all our bookies have ticked all these boxes, meaning you can sign-up and make instant deposits. Still, your withdrawals will be processed within a few days.
Since we don’t want you to experience troubles, we only recommend sports betting sites with a user-friendly interface. When you choose bookmakers from our list, you won’t face issues while registering an account, making deposits, or placing bets. On top of that, you won’t experience difficulties when claiming bonuses, withdrawing winnings, and contacting customer support agents. Overall, we can say that our online sportsbooks are friendly to both newcomers and experienced players alike.
Before we put a bookmaker on our list, we check if there are special perks for frequent gamblers. Specifically, we consider whether an online sportsbook has a VIP/loyalty program or not. We also check the VIP/loyalty perks available in the VIP program. When you register with our sports betting sites, you will get exclusive VIP perks such as match bonuses, free bets, and cashback bonuses. Plus, you will enjoy exclusive benefits such as entry into exclusive tournaments, VIP manager, birthday bonuses, higher withdrawal limits, etc.
Finally, we rate our sportsbooks based on customer service. We check whether the sportsbook’s customer service team is available 24/7 or not. Moreover, we check if the sportsbook has multiple support options, including email, live chat, FAQ, and phone. Well, all our sports betting sites excel in all these areas, meaning you can feel free to engage friendly support agents whenever you want.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are online sportsbooks legal and legit?
Yes, all online sportsbooks we recommend to you are licensed and regulated by recognized authorities.
Do online sportsbooks offer bonuses and promotions?
Yes, online bookies provide players with offers like welcome bonuses, free bets, reload bonuses, cashback bonuses, etc.
What sports can I bet on?
You can bet on sports like Tennis, Football, Baseball, Basketball, Boxing, handball, among others.
What banking methods can I use at online sportsbooks?
Online sportsbooks support banking methods like credit cards, debit cards, electronic wallets, bank transfers, cryptocurrencies, etc.
Are online sportsbooks mobile compatible?
Yes, most online bookmakers are compatible with Android and iOS devices.
As a gambler, you need to be more careful when finding an online sportsbook to join. This is because the industry is flooded with many sites, and not all of them are worth your time. You need to be careful when registering with an online bookmaker. This is because some sites are not legit and will only disappear with your hard-earned money. Here at surebets.bet, we save you the hassle of finding the best online bookies you can join and bet on sports. Precisely, we review hundreds of bookmakers and recommend the best to you. Our sportsbooks have been tested by our experts, and we can assure you they are the best in the industry. We rate our sites based on the sports they offer, bonuses and promotions, mobile compatibility, and user experience. Still, we rate all our betting sites based on licensing and regulations, safety and security, banking, and customer service. As you can see, we cover every gaming element you can think of. You can, therefore, sign-up with our sites now and start having fun.