Roulette is undeniably one of the most popular online casino games you will find at many online casinos. It is a game of chance, meaning you can give it a shot even if you are a newbie. It is, however, good to note that the game has some tricks and strategies you need to apply in order to maximize your profits.
In this article, you will learn the history of roulette and the different variations available. In addition to that, you will learn the rules, tips and strategies, and how to play the game.
What is Roulette?
Roulette is a table game in which you bet on which compartment of the wheel a revolving ball will come to rest. Again, it is a game of chance that is played at a table marked with numbers from 1 to 36 and one or two zeros. For you to win his game, the small ball must come to rest in one of the compartments that you have predicted.
History of Roulette
Roulette was invented in 1655 by a French Physicist and Mathematician by the name Blaise Pascal.
Blaise Pascal was also an inventor and wanted to invent a perpetual motion machine. Well, a perpetual motion machine was a machine that would continue to operate without requiring energy from an external source. According to the law of physics, it is impossible for a machine to work like that, but Pascal tried to defy the odds. Pascal’s experiment failed, but it gave birth to one of the most popular online casino games. What’s more, the first roulette wheel didn’t have a zero until the mid-19th century.
In 1842, Lois Blanc and Francois developed another version with one zero on it. This variant was for King Charles II of Monaco and had a bigger house edge compared to the initial game. King Charles developed a casino and introduced the roulette wheel to the masses. The game has since gained a lot of popularity and remains to be one of the best table games available.
Different Types of Roulette Games
Online casinos provide players with different types of games. As a gambler, you need to familiarize yourself with these games and know their differences. That way, you will know which game is best for you. Below are the most popular variations you will find at many online casinos:
- European Roulette – This is unquestionably the most popular variation offered by many online casinos in Europe. Unlike other games, this variation has a single zero only instead of a single zero and a double zero.
- American Roulette – As the name suggests, it is the variation offered by most online casinos in the US. Furthermore, the game is the same as European variant, apart from the fact that it has a single zero and a double zero.
- French Roulette – It is also similar to European version as it features a single zero only. The betting board, however, is laid out differently in French Roulette. Another difference is the application of the La Partage rule. According to this rule, any players who make even money bet will receive half of the stake back in case the spin results in a zero.
- Mini Roulette – This is another popular variant that has the same betting principles as the European and American versions. The game, however, has fewer betting options and fewer numbers.
- Multi-wheel Roulette – This is one of the newest versions offered by many online casinos. With this version, you can bet on multiple wheels at the same time.
Roulette is one of the best table games you can play and win a huge amount of money. However, you must be conversant with some basic rules if you want to maximize your profit. Some of the rules you need to be aware of include:
- Your bet should not exceed the table limits.
- You can place bets before the dealer closes the betting session.
- Only the dealer pays the winner. At the same time, the dealer must touch your chips with losing bets.
- During the playing session, you must not touch the marker of the winning number.
- La Partage rule: If the ball lands on zero, you will get half of your stake back if you had placed even money bets.
- En Prison rule: If the ball lands on a single zero, then bets placed on high or low, red or black, or even odd are not losing bets. These bets are locked for the next spin. And if the bet wins, you will get a 1:1 payout.
How to Play Roulette Online
Playing the game online is straightforward. Whether you are a veteran or a newbie, you won’t experience trouble while placing bets.
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to play roulette online:
- Make a bet: The first step is to select the type of bet you want to place. For instance, you can choose to place inside bets, outside bets, or announced bets.
- Round start: This is the stage where the dealer throws the ball in the wheel. You can also make a bet at this stage.
- No more bets: At this stage, the ball is spinning, and you cannot make more bets.
- Round result: At this point, the ball will land on a certain number and color. This is the stage where winners and losers will be announced.
- Next round: The next round will start at this point. Therefore, you can change the bet type or repeat your wager.
Basic Tips and Tricks
This is a simple casino game since you only need to make bets and wait for the ball to land on your numbers. This, however, doesn’t mean that there aren’t tips and tricks you can apply and boost your chances of winning. Below are some important pointers and tricks you can apply and make the most out of your game:
- Always choose to play European version whenever possible; it has a low house edge.
- Choose the right type of bet. This will help you shape your game.
- Choose a casino that provides you with a surrender option.
- Always play within your limits.
- Choose an online casino that offers an “en prison” option.
Roulette is the best game of chance you can play as a newbie and as an experienced player. You, however, need to be conversant with the applicable rules. Still, you need to apply some tips and tricks in order to make the most out of your game. As a player, it is also good you place the right bet and bet within your limits.
Well, this article has covered all this, and now you only need to select a casino from surebets.bet and get started.