- Cristiano Ronaldo Net Worth $1 Billion? Its even more.
- Al Nassr Salary: $200 Million Per Year
- Career Club Salaries: $650 Million
- Endorsements and Sponsorships: $450 Million
- CR7 Business Empire
- Charity and Philanthropy
- Personal Life and Other Details
- Records and Milestones
- Fun fact: Ronaldo’s Son Joins Al Nassr Youth
- Outlook and Future Potential
- Quotes about Cristiano Ronaldo
Many can agree that Cristiano Ronaldo is one of the greatest footballers of all time. The Portuguese superstar has dominated the sport for over 15 years, smashing records and winning trophies galore with Manchester United, Real Madrid, Juventus and the Portuguese national team.
Ronaldo made a surprising move to Saudi Arabian club Al Nassr on a record-breaking contract. Now, it’s estimated to be $500 million. Let’s take an in-depth look at how CR7 has generated his enormous wealth.
Cristiano Ronaldo Net Worth $1 Billion? Its even more.
Forbes estimated that Ronaldo earned $849 million in the previous year, making him the highest-paid athlete in the world. By the end of the year, his total career earnings were tallied at $1.24 billion by Forbes.
The 38-year-old has earned over $650 million in salaries and bonuses from his club contracts with Man United, Real Madrid, Juventus and Al Nassr. Endorsements account for $450 million of his career earnings.
Ronaldo has supplemented his football paychecks with smart investments and business ventures like his CR7 fashion and hotel brands. His net worth will likely keep rising as he slowly nears $1 billion in total earnings.
Among team athletes, only NBA legends Michael Jordan (net worth $2.1 billion) and LeBron James ($1 billion) are worth more than Ronaldo.
Al Nassr Salary: $200 Million Per Year
In one of the most shocking transfers in football history, Cristiano Ronaldo signed a 2.5-year contract with Saudi Arabian club Al Nassr in December 2022 worth over $200 million per year.
The exact breakdown of the deal is:
- Annual salary of $75 million from Al Nassr
- Additional $150 million per year from commercial partners and sponsors
This equates to a mind-boggling weekly salary of $4.5 million. No other footballer even comes close to this level of pay.
Ronaldo’s $200 million annual salary makes him the highest-paid athlete in the world, putting him above players like Beckham and Mbappé. It nearly doubled his previous salary of $31 million per year at Juventus.
The move to Saudi Arabia gives Ronaldo one last massive payday before he retires from football in the next few years.
Career Club Salaries: $650 Million
Aside from his record Al Nassr paycheck, Cristiano Ronaldo has earned enormous sums from his previous club contracts:
- $240 million total from Juventus (2018-2022)
- $450 million from Real Madrid (2009-2018)
- $125 million from first Man United stint (2003-2009)
- $15 million from Sporting Lisbon (2002-2003)
Including his current Al Nassr deal, CR7 will surpass $800 million in total career club salaries by the time he retires.
Ronaldo’s massive salaries reflect his status as football’s biggest superstar and most marketable player globally alongside Lionel Messi. Their income from clubs massively outpaces other top players.
Endorsements and Sponsorships: $450 Million
Cristiano Ronaldo earns around $50 million per year from paid sponsorships and endorsements. His lifetime endorsement earnings are estimated at $450 million.
In addition to his lucrative deals with global brands, Ronaldo’s passion for poker led him to sign a significant partnership with PokerStars in 2015. This collaboration not only adds to his impressive endorsement portfolio but also aligns with his strategic and competitive nature. Representing one of the biggest names in online poker, Ronaldo participates in various promotional events and online poker games, further expanding his reach beyond the football field.
Ronaldo signed a lifetime endorsement deal with Nike in 2016 worth over $1 billion — the largest in Nike’s history. He earns upwards of $20 million annually from that deal.
Ronaldo has had endorsement deals with brands like Armani, Tag Heuer, Herbalife, Clear, MTG, Castrol and more. He promotes his own CR7 underwear line and fragrances.
The Portuguese legend charges over $1 million per sponsored Instagram post and has previously earned $3 million per paid Facebook post.
CR7 Business Empire
Beyond his playing contracts and endorsements, Cristiano Ronaldo has built a business empire under his global CR7 brand. His key ventures include:
Ronaldo owns and operates two luxury hotels under the Pestana CR7 brand: one in Lisbon, Portugal opened in 2016 and one in Madrid, Spain opened in 2019. He plans to expand to 8 more locations.
CR7 Fashion and Accessories
Ronaldo has his own fashion brand with men’s shoes, underwear, denim, fragrances and other apparel. He opened his first flagship store in Madrid..
Health and Fitness Gyms
Ronaldo co-owns a growing chain of fitness centres in Spain, Italy and India under the brand Insparya. The gyms feature cutting-edge equipment and CR7 workout routines.
By expanding his business empire worldwide, Ronaldo will continue growing his wealth exponentially even after retiring from football.
Charity and Philanthropy
Cristiano Ronaldo has actively donated his time and money to support various charitable causes:
- In 2016, Ronaldo donated his €600,000 Champions League win bonus to charity.
- He donated €1 million to hospitals in Portugal to help fight the Covid-19 pandemic.
- He has made millions in donations to help children in need around the world via Save the Children, UNICEF, World Vision and his own foundation.
- Ronaldo’s biggest philanthropic act was donating £5 million in 2023 to fund vital pediatric surgery for a young Afghan boy.
- He uses his global platform frequently to promote philanthropic causes among his followers.
Ronaldo’s charitable impact demonstrates his willingness to leverage his fortune and fame to help those less fortunate.
Personal Life and Other Details
- Born February 5, 1985 in Funchal, Madeira, Portugal. His full name is Cristiano Ronaldo dos Santos Aveiro.
- Mother Maria Dolores dos Santos Aveiro was a cook. Father José Dinis Aveiro was a municipal gardener. Ronaldo was the youngest of 4 children.
- Began dating Spanish model Georgina Rodríguez in 2016. They have two daughters together along with Ronaldo’s other four children via surrogates.
- Enjoys spending time with family, practicing yoga, playing video games, social media and planespotting in his free time.
- Has 775 million total followers between Facebook (167 million) and Instagram (608 million).
Records and Milestones
The list of records Ronaldo has broken is almost endless. He is:
- The all-time top goalscorer in UEFA Champions League history with 140 goals
- The fastest to reach 100 UEFA Champions League goals (in just 137 matches)
- The only player to score in 11 consecutive UEFA Champions League matches
- The fastest player to score 50 goals in La Liga history (in just 92 matches)
- The first player to win league titles in England, Spain and Italy
- The Portugal national team’s all-time top goalscorer with 117 goals
Ronaldo was the first player to score in 10 straight major tournaments from Euro 2004 to Euro 2020. He also became the first male player to score at 5 World Cup tournaments after netting against Ghana.
Fun fact: Ronaldo’s Son Joins Al Nassr Youth
It was announced that Cristiano Ronaldo’s 12-year-old son, Cristiano Ronaldo Jr., signed with the Under-13 youth academy of Al Nassr FC.
Ronaldo Jr. had previously played in the academies of Real Madrid, Juventus and Manchester United when his father was on those club teams.
The young midfielder immediately began training with Al Nassr’s youth setup and was handed his father’s famous number 7 jersey.
Ronaldo has expressed pride that his son is following in his footsteps to become a professional footballer. He said “My son tells me, ‘Dad hold on a few more years – I want to play with you.'”
If he continues developing well, Ronaldo Jr. could make his senior debut alongside his iconic father before he retires from Al Nassr a few years from now..
Outlook and Future Potential
Now entering the twilight of his historic football career at age 38, Cristiano Ronaldo shows no signs of slowing down his relentless pursuit of greater success on and off the pitch.
After achieving almost every imaginable team honor and individual record in Europe, Ronaldo’s move to Saudi Arabia offers him one last massive payday plus the chance to expand his brand in a new region.
Barring a catastrophic career-ending injury, Ronaldo seems destined to join longtime rival Lionel Messi in the ultra-exclusive billionaire athlete club within the next few years.
With his playing days winding down, expect Ronaldo to focus more on growing his business empire and cementing his legacy as one of football’s all-time greats.
Quotes about Cristiano Ronaldo
“He is a phenomenal player. He wants to show the world that he is the best. That’s his character, his mentality.” – Zinedine Zidane
Former manager Alex Ferguson praises Ronaldo’s work ethic and ability to constantly improve:
“His desire to be the best is astonishing. He practiced and practiced at shooting from free kicks until he was scoring more regularly.”
Lionel Messi acknowledged the friendly rivalry that pushed both players to greater heights:
“My battles with Cristiano were rewarding because they allowed us to reach higher levels together.”