Manchester United have been doing great after the international break, as several key players have recovered from injuries and are back in the squad. Following their stunning win over West Ham United last week, the Red Devils are set to face off against Aston Villa tonight at Villa Park, aiming to continue their winning run in the Premier League.
Manchester United are in 6th with 38 points, meanwhile, Aston Villa are in 5th with 46 points. Aston Villa have been doing great under Unain Emery and were one of the title contenders at the beginning of the season. However, the Villans lost the rhythm and slipped down to 5th place.
On the other hand, Manchester United had a poor start in the season since most of their players were injured. As their key players returned to the squad, they became stronger and have been performing better.
Stats & Facts
- Manchester United have already defeated Aston Villa this season back in December at Old Trafford. A win would see them completing the league double over the Villans in the English Premier League.
- Aston Villa won exactly this fixture last season, winning by a 3-1 margin at Villa Park. However, a win over Manchester United would see them winning consecutive home games against the Red Devils for the first time since 1977.
- Manchester United have an excellent away record against Aston Villa. They have won 17 of their 28 away meetings with the Villans.
- Aston Villa have won only one of their last three home games in the English Premier League. Before that, the Villans had won 15 home games in a row in the league between March and December 2023.
- Man United’s attackers have been doing well after the international break. The Red Devils have scored 13 goals in their last five league games. Meanwhile, they had scored only two goals in their previous five matches.
Nicolo Zaniolo and Pau Torres have recovered from the injury and should be available for the match against Manchester United. But Ezri Konsa will miss the match due to a knee problem, while Tyrone Mings and Emiliano Buendia are also out of the squad due to their respective injury.
As for Manchester United, Lisandro Martinez made his return after a long time. But he is very unfortunate to get another injury during the match against West Ham United, which will keep him out of the team for eight weeks. As a result, Raphael Varane should start tonight along with Harry Maguire in the heart of Manchester United’s defense. However, the Red Devils will be without the service of Anthony Martial, Tyrell Malacia, and Mason Mount due to their respective injury.
Possible Lineup for Aston Villa:
Martinez; Cash, Torres, Lenglet, Moreno; Luiz, Kamara; Diaby, Tielemans, McGinn; Watkins
Possible Lineup for Man United:
Onana; Dalot, Maguire, Varane, Shaw; Mainoo, Casemiro; Garnacho, Fernandes, Rashford; Hojlund
Prediction: Aston Villa 2-3 Man United
The last time Manchester United beat Aston Villa with a 3-2 margin at Old Trafford. After a difficult start, Man United’s attackers such as Rasmus Hojlund, Alejandro Garnacho, and Marcus Rashford are now getting goals. Rasmus Hojlund has already scored four goals in his last four league games, while Garnacho scored three.
As Manchester United are having a good run in the league, we expect the Red Devils to win this match. But it should be a high-scoring match as Aston Villa will be looking to improve their position in the standing.
Aston Villa: 2.18
Man United: 3.14
Visit BFB247 to get real-time Betfair Odds and an exclusive 2.5% commission on winning bets!